Table of Contents
- What is the Supplier Registration Information (SRI) system?
- Why do I need to register in SRI?
- How do I register in SRI?
- What is the Procurement Business Number (PBN)?
- Need Help? Don't remember your password?
- What do I do after I have registered?
What is the Supplier Registration Information (SRI) system?
The Supplier Registration Information (SRI) system is a database of registered companies interested in selling to the federal government. By registering in SRI, you make your company's name and supply capabilities widely known to federal departments and agencies, who may use the system to identify sources of supply for the goods and services they buy.
For requirements subject to trade agreements, they publish their notices of proposed procurement on the Tenders minisite, the Government Electronic Tendering Service.
Why do I need to register in SRI?
You need to register in SRI to:
- Obtain your Procurement Business Number (PBN) which is a mandatory requirement to do business with the federal government;
- Register in other Public Works and Government Services Canada registration databases such as, SELECT, ProServices and the Translation Bureau.
Additional information may be required to register in other systems, depending on the requirements of the purchasing organization, and whether there is a requirement to pre-qualify businesses before their registration is considered complete.
How do I register in SRI?
Before registering in SRI, you need to have the following Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) information:
- Your Business Number (BN) or Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) number. The first nine digits of your GST/HST number are your Business Number (eg: 123456789RT0001).
- Your business Legal Name as registered with CRA. If you are a sole proprietor, then your name is your Legal Name.
If you do not have a BN, please access the How to register:
- In Canada: 1-800-959-5525
- Outside Canada: consult CRA's Non-resident GST/HST Registration and Security Enquiries page
- For additional information on the CRA Business Number please consult the Business Number registration page.
Step 1: Create my account
- To register in SRI, enter your Business Number (BN), then your Legal Name.
- After you have completed Step 1, you will receive an email containing your Procurement Business Number (PBN) and you will be asked to return to the SRI to continue your registration.
Step 2: Complete my registration
Return to the SRI registration page and click on "Access my account".
- Enter your PBN, Username and Password.
- Enter your company information: address, contacts and the commodities (goods and services) your company can supply. Consult the Goods and Services Identification Number (GSIN) page.
Make sure you keep your account up to date
Any change in your Legal Name must first be done in the CRA system before we can change it in the SRI. Once the change is done in the CRA system, you may request that the same change be made in your SRI account by sending us an email at: email@example.com
What is the Procurement Business Number (PBN)?
The Procurement Business Number (PBN), an important feature in SRI, is based on your Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number and uniquely identifies your business in our procurement and payment systems.
Need Help? Don't remember your password?
Contact the InfoLine at 1-800-811-1148 or a Supplier Registration Information Agent in your region.